Monday, February 6, 2017

Ciel Phantomhive's Extensive (and tedious) Wardrobe


Hello fellow human beings! (And visiting demons.) Before I dive into today's topic I'd just like to say something really quick.

Ciel Phantomhive owns way too many God damn clothes. 
Image result for black butler gif lady ciel
From a unique hunting outfit to a puffy pink Victorian ball gown, Ciel Phantomhive owns enough clothes to make any cosplayer green with envy. (Speaking of green isn't his deep green suit with the blue bow just adorable?)

Image result for ciel phantomhive green outfit
 I'd estimate Ciel Phantomhive has roughly sixty outfits shown throughout the manga (including cover and filler art) and anime. That is sixty unique outfits- and I plan to find and document every single God damn one.
Image result for black butler gif
Yeah, you read that right. I am going to be rewatching all of Black Butler and Black Butler: Book of Circus and finding all of Ciel's outfits. Then I will reread the manga and compare pictures. Of course there are more things in the Black Butler series than the manga, there are the musicals, movies, and OVA spin offs. (For example, Book of Murder.) Will I get to these? Possibly, it depends on if I can find these things online LEGALLY and for a decent price. Will I succeed in this giant ass project? Hopefully. I'm not giving myself a deadline or time schedule. I'm hoping to dedicate one month of research per outfit; and I don't just mean screenshots and comparisons. I'll go in depth about how era appropriate the outfit is, and list all of the tiny details and accessories. Obsessive much? Yeah, I'm a bit obsessed. If I ever mislabel or miss something please feel free to let me know! I'm hoping to make these posts detailed enough for any cosplayer to use as a reference. 
So, let the games begin, eh? Will I succeed? Will I die? Will I end up with more cool cosplays? Will I need more closet space? (Probably.) Follow my journey into the land of obsession and perfection!
Image result for grell gif

No comments:

Post a Comment